t the last SASCA autocross (12-7-2008) I met Paul, who is just getting started in autocross. But unlike most people just starting, he’s already made some significant investment in modifications to his car, a 2007 Subaru WRX 2.5.
Here’s a list of mods/additions paul has made (from a list he provided):
- COBB AP v2 programmer
- COBB “3” catted DP & Heatshield
- Perrin Lightweight Crank Pulley
- Perrin 25mm adj. rear sway and stout mounts
- Perrin endlinks
- Perrin CAI
- Perrin polyurethane bushings all around – Paul admits he’s a bushings “freak” 😉
- BPM 3″ Silicone turbo inlet hose
- Prodrive y-pipe. Pro-tuned
- Kartboy short shifter
- Kartboy front and rear bushings
- SR*S full 3 inch catback
- STI TMIC w/tank and nozzles
- BLITZ DTT
- REDLINE MT fluid
- Megan racing springs
- Walbro 255 lph fuel pump
- STi TMIC
- Perrin lockdown kit
- SPT front and rear strut braces
- Professionally tuned by Dyno Flash
- Megan Racing Sports springs
- Kart Boy short shift kit
- Static-X grounding kit
- B.F.Goodrich G-Force T/A 225/45 ZR 14 tires – brand new!
Paul is very enthusiastic & wants to be competitive, right away. If I can recall correctly, he said this was only his 2nd autocross. Keep at it Paul, you simply need more time, patience, & to get more more experience. This is a good example where you can improve your times by investing in yourself, now.
Also, Paul’s Subaru ride is very nicely prepared & clean. He’s even de-badged it to go a bit on the stealth side – very slick!
I was able to ride along on one of Paul’s afternoon runs. Every driver has their own style, & in Paul’s case, he is climbing the learning curve of pushing an AWD car to the limit. It was fun!
Racing Ready enjoys participating with all levels of competitor experience. Seeing a rookie is a great inspiration, to see where we’ve been & how far we still have to go!