At last month’s 2009 SASCA AutoX #3, 2 young brothers came out to compete & have a good time!
Court brought his 2001 Volkswagen Jetta.
Now this vehicle looked like it had been seriously warmed over – you could just tell without asking. Here’s what Court described as the general upgrades & changes:
- Full coil-over suspension
- Cold air intake
- Turbo back exhaust
- APR 91-93 programming
- Turbo engine is stock, but it’s been bored out
- Stage II coil packs
- …and Diverter valves
Court didn’t let all these performance upgrades go to waste – here are some shots of him gettin’ through the cones. 🙂
Trent brought his 2000 Honda S2000 (and that’s brother Court’s Jetta, in back).
This car looks a bit more serious than his brother’s. But it still has a ways to go, as yet. This is what Trent revealed to me about his ride:
- Marga replica front bumper – set up to breathe directly into a cold air intake (this is a future, under-the-hood project)
- Cat back exhaust
- Test pipe (catalytic converter bypass)
- I’m sure there’s more, but that’s all I was told…
Trent explained that they have both autocrossed before, at the Riverside complex near College Station, TX (where Texas A&M is). They both registered in the Novice class at this SASCA event.
Both brothers brought clean, honest enthusiasm to this autocross competition. It was very refreshing!
Racing Ready is enjoys seeing this kind of brotherly competition.