At the 2009 SASCA Autocross #6, I met a new Novice autocross competitor. Ryan brought a vehicle I had yet to see entered in an autocross event. His ride is a 2007 Honda Fit. Being his first event, he entered as Novice F Street Prepared class.
At first glance, except for the tires & wheels & the 2″(!) lowered suspension, it looks pretty stealthy. But on my first quick look inside, I was surprised to see the rear seat removed & a serious, committed chromed cross brace in its place.
Ryan has done much more than can be seen (unless you want to crawl around & look underneath). Here’s a list (& some pictures) he provided me with his modifications & upgrades:
- Megan Coilovers
- Ultra Racing Front Strut Bar
- Ultra Racing Rear Strut Bar
- Ultra Racing 4 Point Rear Lower Brace
- Ultra Racing Room Bar
- Progress Rear Sway Bar
- Miracle X Brace
- Buddy Club P1 Racing SF 15x.65 +35 offset 13.8 LB
- BFGoodrich G-Force Sports 195/55-R15
- Customer Door Panels with Volcom Print
- F1 Spec Racing Seat
- Wedge Seat Bracket
- Rear Seat Removed (50lbs)
He also has installed an aftermarket short run cold air intake, along with a Honda Force Performance exhaust.
With all those suspension mods, essentially it’s very lowered (by 2″). Ryan is very forward thinking. As of last June 2009, these are the items not yet installed:
- T1R( Type One Racing) Stainless Brake Lines
- Project MU B-Force Pads
- Ultra Racing Fender Braces
- Ultra Racing 4 Point Front Lower Brace
- Megan Down Pipe with Megan Cel Fix
- Takata Racing Harness’s 4pt
I’m sure by the next time we see Ryan & his FIT, many of the about mods will have already been implemented.
In the end, Racing Ready is always on the lookout for car models new to autocross.