Here’s a good deal for the right racer…
Here’s more specific details for this racer purchase opportunity:
* This is a track car and is not currently street legal (although it can be made so very easily).
* Front-end damage from street accident, some minor frame damage
* Clean title
* 86,535 miles on un-rebuilt original engine and transmission
* Stripped and caged with Spec Miata legal cage (miatacage.com)
* Konig Rewind wheels with Kumho Azenis tires (good tread left)
* Everything else is stock (engine, brakes, suspension, exhaust)
* Aligns to spec, drives straight, and runs great!
For many more details, video, and a huge gallery of photos, please go here: http://www.jimmypribble.com/blog/for-sale-1997-miata-track-car/
With little fixes you could make this car street legal, drive it to the track, then participate with it for fun & learning. The price seems relatively fair. I’m sure this car would be very satisfying & rewarding to take part in HPDE (high performance driver education) events.
Here’s a video of this car racing in the 24 Hours of LeMons, Yee-Haw It’s Texas, in 2009, at MSR Houston. This was the last event it was used in before put away in storage. It seems to be holding it’s own quite well! Click the image to play the video – it’s fun!
Racing Ready thinks this needs to go to a person in the “wannabe racer” category or better. Have fun…let’s see how long this lasts till it’s sold. I found out about it on 30-MAR-2010.