United States Grand Prix Group Brands World-Class Facility “Circuit of the Americas™” – Identity Conveys Multi-national Appeal, Multi-purpose Use.
This is the new Circuit of the Americas logo, announced Tuesday, April 12th, 2011. This is the name of the facility where the Formula 1™ Austin USGP will take place in 2012. But the Circuit of the Americas™ (CotA) will be SO much more than a race track to host a Formula 1™ race. Click here for their Press Release!
Texas Lands MotoGP for 2013. Beginning in 2013, the CotA will have a 10 year contract for world class motorcycle racing. This is the Formula1 equivalent of two-wheeled racing. This will involve motorbikes & racers in the following classes:
- MotoGP class – the pinnacle of motorcycle racing
For more about MotoGP, world class motorcycle racing, click here!
More important for the long term viability of this full facility, is that Circuit of the Americas is partnering with Texas schools. The CotA educational initiative spearheads the usage of this land & facilities just south of Austin, Texas. This is a win-win for students & community. The following four educational Districts & institutions will be involved:
- Del Valle ISD – Race to Learn & their own Green Racing Research program, to explore ways energy efficient technologies may be used at the site
- Huston-Tillotson University – Business School summer internship program, working with the finace & marketing departments
- St. Edward’s University – Humanities School of PhotoCommunication, learning to create a commemorative table book
- Texas A&M University – School of Landscape Architecture to connect Classrooms with Construction, installing a number of landscape features
Racing Ready is pleased to share these announcements. To see even more, visit the Circuit of the Americas electronic press room, here!